Learn Data Analytics in 24 Weeks
Online Charlotte Data Analytics Boot Camp
The Data Analytics Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte puts the student experience first, teaching you the knowledge and skills to conduct analytics on a wide array of real-world problems.
In just 24 weeks, you’ll journey through a challenging curriculum and gain the specialized skills needed to analyze big data and turn it into clear insights. The part-time schedule allows you to fit this program into your life while maintaining your other personal and professional obligations.
Our course is designed to give you the flexibility you need to balance your work-life schedule while providing you with the structure and support you need to be successful in achieving your career goals.
Our course blends the best of online education: engaging content to work through on your own schedule and live, interactive online classes led by expert instructors.
Our industry-driven curriculum teaches you the most in-demand data skills through real-world examples. Everything you learn is immediately applicable to a professional environment.
Why choose our data analytics boot camp?
- You will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from UNC Charlotte Continuing Education after studying part-time over 24 weeks.
- Projects align with real-world datasets from various industry data fields like Finance Services, Human Resources, Healthcare and Government.
- You will receive support from instructors, assistant instructors, student success team, free tutor network, and more.
- You will benefit from the support career services will provide you during the program and after successful completion of the program.
These projects allow you to build a professional portfolio that showcases your skills to stand out in today’s job market. Over 24 intensive weeks, you’ll learn the fundamentals for data analytics and visualization, including:
- Pivot Tables
- VBA Scripting
- Python 3
- API Interactions
Front–End Web Visualization
- Geomapping with Leaflet.js
Business Intelligence Software
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop
- Unsupervised Machine Learning
- Supervised Machine Learning
- R Programming
- Deep Learning
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of our hiring partners.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Model
Flexible Weekly Content
Each week you will work through the project-based curriculum on your own schedule. Fit the content around your life and work commitments knowing our support system is there if you need it.
Interactive Live Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. These online sessions are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be highly engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly knit cohort and broaden your experience while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new data skills by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings. Make sure that you’re on pace and progressing through the course as you should be.
Individuals who complete the online data analytics course can be qualified for a number jobs including:
- Looks at large amounts of information to glean data-driven insights using a variety of coding, statistics and tools.
- Employs advanced skills that include those of data analysts, data engineers and more! They focus on machine learning and algorithm development for modeling trends and forecasting the future.
- Uses Excel and Powerpoint to create reports around key business questions and develop strategies based on macro trends in the data.
- Designs, installs, tests and maintains software systems with popular programming languages like Python.
When learning the skills for data analysis, it’s important to have help available when you need it. The Data Analytics Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte‘s part-time program offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our industry professional instructional staff is there to help you gain the skills you need on your journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp. Learn how to build your personal brand and stand out in today’s market through:
- Technical and Behavioral Interview Preparation
- Industry Speakers and Events
- Resume, LinkedIn and Portfolio Development
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond program completion. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Is This Program Right for You?
You’re a data professional and want to further your career by gaining a new set of technical skills.
You’re looking to switch careers and aspire to transition into a new field as a data professional.
You’re currently in a business where data is crucial to the bottom line and want to make a bigger impact.
How to Apply
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Data Analytics Boot Camp Schedule
- 24-week online format
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through a blend of scheduled instructor-led online classes two days per week and engaging content and projects to work through on your own schedule
Currently Enrolling: » Coding Part-Time Soon » Coding Full-Time 08/09/21 » Data Analytics Part-Time 06/23/21 » Cybersecurity Part-Time 06/08/21 » FinTech Part-Time 05/19/21
» Coding Part-Time Soon
» Coding Full-Time 08/09/21
» Data Analytics Part-Time 06/23/21
» Cybersecurity Part-Time 06/08/21
» FinTech Part-Time 05/19/21
Frequently Asked Questions
No previous experience in data or programming is required, however it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, finance, statistics, management, or a related field.
No, you do not have to be a UNC Charlotte student to enroll in The Data Analytics Boot Camp at UNC Charlotte. This program is offered through UNC Charlotte Continuing Education.
Yes, there is an application process to enroll in UNC Charlotte Boot Camps. Once a prospective student fills out the form or calls our admissions department, they will go through an initial phone interview with an advisor. Applicants who are recommended to move forward will then take a critical thinking and problem-solving assessment.